Platinum Triangle, we are headed your way! Construction Zone Expands on State College Blvd.
Sewer installation on State College Blvd. is underway. As early as October 8 crews expand the construction zone from Orangewood Avenue to Ball Road.
One northbound lane and one southbound lane will be unavailable to the traveling public for the next few months as the 54-inch sewer pipe is installed. An additional lane may be utilized during daytime hours only. Details about the upcoming work are listed below. Take a look at our interactive map for information on specific locations.
October 2018 Activities**:
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (occasional night and weekend work may be required).
Orangewood Avenue to Cerritos Avenue:
- Set k-rail (concrete barriers) to establish work area.
- Excavate pits north and south of Katella Avenue for jack and bore activity (tunneling underneath street), this will prevent trenching across the intersection and train tracks thus reducing traffic impacts.
- Excavate trench at Orangewood Avenue and proceed north with pipe installation. See notification for more details.
Cerritos Avenue to Ball Road:
- Continue with sewer installation.
- Winston Avenue - water line replacement.
- Crosswalks will be restricted.
- Parking on Winston Avenue near State College will not be permitted.
- Ball Road - water line replacement (following installation of water line at Winston Ave.).
- East/westbound lanes will be affected.
- Left turns will be restricted.
- Northbound bus stops on State College have been relocated to south of Cerritos Ave. and north of Winston Ave.
**Due to the nature of the work, the sewer replacement at the major intersections will take place at different times, details to follow as construction progresses.
We understand construction can be an inconvenience, we apologize in advance and appreciate your patience as we work to improve our infrastructure.
For questions or additional information, please contact our Construction Hotline at (657) 208-7900 or via email at ConstructionHotline@ocsd.com. Connect with us on social media @ocsewers.
*Dates are subject to change due to operational factors or inclement weather.
The project is replacing four miles of sewer along State College Boulevard from the SR-91 to Orangewood Avenue in the City of Anaheim. Construction is scheduled to begin in summer 2018 and conclude in late 2020. Once the project is complete, eight million gallons of wastewater will be diverted to OCSD’s Plant No. in Fountain Valley for treatment before being send to the Groundwater Replenishment System. This is Phase B of a two-phase project; Phase A was completed in 2017 and took place from Yorba Linda Blvd. to SR-91 in the City of Fullerton.