State College Sewer Construction Update - March 6, 2020
For more information please contact the Construction Hotline at ConstructionHotline@ocsd.com or at (657) 208-7900.
We are getting closer to wrapping up things in the Platinum Triangle area of the State College Sewer Construction Project. Take a look at the upcoming activities in this area as well as the those taking place in the rest of the alignment.
Orangewood Avenue to Ball Road – Final Phase
The sewer line is installed, manholes are constructed, laterals are connected. Last phase of construction is to abandon the old sewer lines and manholes and restore the street to its original condition. Over the next three weeks crews will be working days and nights on the last few activities to be completely done and out of the area by the end of March. Upcoming activities:
Final Street Restoration
March 9 – 27, 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
As final paving occurs, lane reductions may be necessary. Left turns will be intermittently restricted. Once paving is completed, the road will be striped to restore the three (3) lanes in each direction.
See notice for details.
The intersection of State College and Orangewood Avenue will be paved by the City of Anaheim at a later date.
Abandonment of old sewer line and manholes at intersection of State College and Orangewood Avenue
March 10 – 11, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Westbound traffic on Orangewood will only be allowed to make a right-turns, no thru traffic.
No left-hand turns in any direction
Additional activities to finalize all the work will continue over the next few weeks. Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Ball Road to Vermont Avenue
- Street restoration including landscaping, irrigation, and paving.
- Intermittent left turn restrictions
- Monday - Friday, occasional Saturdays. 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Night work may be required at times)
- Through Spring 2020*
Vermont Avenue to Santa Ana St.
As previously shared, the phase of the project from Vermont Avenue to Underhill Avenue will require a different construction method than what has been used in other areas. The new pipe needs to be placed in the same location as the current pipe which requires the use of bypass pumps to reroute the flow and eliminate the need to disrupt sewer service. This method is more complex which in turn requires longer shifts to expedite the work and minimize the risk to the public. The first phase will take place from Vermont Avenue to Santa Ana St. Set-up began earlier this week and preparation for the sewer installation will continue the rest of the month.
- K-rail set-up, street restriping, median removal, shoring, excavation, install pipe. Shoring may trigger minor vibration.
- March 2 – fall 2020*
- Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- As early as April 1 extended work hours will be required to perform the pipe installation work. Monday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. (20-hour workdays)
- See NOTICE for details.
Underhill Avenue to La Palma Avenue
- Sewer replacement which involves shoring, excavation, and installation of the pipeline. Shoring may trigger minor vibration.
- Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Through spring 2020*
- See NOTICE for details.
SR- 91 to La Palma Avenue
- Sewer installation is complete
- Lane reductions and turn restrictions
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and Saturdays 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Intermittent left-hand turn restrictions into Sycamore Plaza and Granada Square
- Ongoing – Spring 2020*
We understand that construction can be an inconvenience, we apologize for the disruption and thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve the regional sewer.
*Dates are subject to change due to operational factors or inclement weather.
The project is replacing four miles of sewer along State College Boulevard from the SR-91 to Orangewood Avenue in the City of Anaheim. Construction began in late summer 2018 and is scheduled to be completed in 2020. Once the project is complete, eight million gallons of wastewater will be diverted to OCSD’s Plant No. 1 in Fountain Valley for treatment before being send to the Groundwater Replenishment System. This is Phase B of a two-phase project; Phase A was completed in 2017 and took place from Yorba Linda Blvd. to SR-91 in the City of Fullerton.