-OCSD was awarded District Transparency Certificate of Excellence by Special District Leadership Foundation. This award is granted to agencies that demonstrated the completion of eight essential governance transparency requirements, including conducting ethics training for all board members, properly conducting open and public meetings, and filing financial transactions and a compensation report to the State Controller in a timely manner.
- OCSD received the ASCE OC Wastewater Treatment Project of the Year from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
-OCSD was awarded the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for the FY 2016-17 and 2017-18 Budget Document. Its Distinguished Budget Presentation Awards program is the only national awards program of its type. The GFOA assesses budgets of government agencies on how well they serve as a policy document, a financial plan, an operations guide, and a communications device. This marks the 24th consecutive year receiving this award.
-OCSD received the Engineering Merit Award from the Orange County Engineering Council (OCEC)
-OCSD is awarded the Project Achievement Award by Orange County Engineering Council (OCEC).
OCSD received the following awards from SARBS/CWEA
o Quarter Century Award, Tony Lee
o Community Engagement and Outreach Project of the Year, Plant No. 2 Neighborhood Outreach Program (Project leads: Tanya Chong & Daisy Covarrubias)
o Supervisor of the Year 1st Place, Ted Gerber
o Supervisor of the Year 2nd Place, Kevin Schuler
o Mechanical Technician Person of the Year, Gilbert Barela
o Operator of the Year, April Frost
o SARBS Spotlight Award, Dindo Carrillo
- OCSD and OCWD received the Silver Award for excellence in PR from Mercury Excellence Awards for the GWRS Water Bottle Campaign.
-OCSD received the Superior Achievement Award from AAEES for Collections System Odor Control.
-OCSD was awarded the Honor Award in Planning by the AAEES for the Facilities Master Plan
-OCSD is awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by The Government Finance Officers Association (GOFA), for demonstrating outreach to its constituents that engages the public in its governance, through special community engagement projects and community transparency reviews.
-OCSD received the NACWA Platinum Peak Performance Award .
-OCSD was awarded the Excellence Award from MISAC. This award recognizes outstanding practices in Information Technology that have met or surpassed local government standards.
-OCWD and the OCSD received the 2018 Award of Excellence from the Orange County Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America for the agencies' "GWRS Bottled Water Campaign."
-OCWD and OCSD received a Platinum Hermes Award for the Advanced Purified Bottled Water Campaign in the category Public Relations/Communications/Strategic Programs. Hermes Creative Awards is an international competition administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
-The OCWD, OCSD and Dick Jones Communications received a Ragan’s 2017 PR Daily Honorable Mention in the Press Event or Media Tour category for “Purified Recycled Water Takes on Hollywood,” the GWRS bottled water launch.
-OCSD is awarded with the National Association of Clean Water Agencies(NACWA) Platinum Award. NACWA is the nation’s leader in legislative, regulatory and legal advocacy on the full spectrum of clean water issues, as well as a top technical resource for water management, sustainability and ecosystem protection interests.
-OCSD received three Award of Distinction from the Communicator Awards for the 2016-2017 Annual Report, OCSD CIP Annual Report, and The Flushable 3 video. The Communicator Award is the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. The Award of Distinction is presented for projects that exceed industry standards in quality and achievement.
- For the 25th consecutive year, OCSD has been awarded with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting and Lina Hsiao, OCSD’s Accounting Supervisor has been awarded the Award of Financial Reporting Achievement by the Government Finance Officers Association(GFOA).
-OCSD was awarded the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for the FY 2016-17 and 2017-18 Budget Document. The GFOA assesses budgets of government agencies on how well they serve as a policy document, a financial plan, an operations guide, and a communications device. This was the fourteenth consecutive time that OCSD has received this prestigious award.
-Congratulations to all the Santa Ana River Basin (SARB) winners. OCSD won 3 awards at the local section of the California Water Environment Association.
- Larry Anderson won Operator of the Year
-Jonathon Powell won Pretreatment, Pollution Prevention and Storm water Person of the Year
-Michelle Hetherington and Vicki Francis received the Quarter Century recognition.
-OCSD was awarded with a National Environmental Achievement Award (NEAA) from the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA). The NEAA Award recognizes the Urban Runoff Diversion Program in the category for Operations & Environmental Performance.
-OCSD received the Annual Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award for 2017. The National Procurement Institute recognizes organizational excellence in procurement by measuring innovation, professionalism, e-procurement, productivity, and leadership attributes of the procurement function. We’ve received this award for 16 consecutive years now.
-OCSD Wins Gold Peak Performance Award for Plant No. 1 and Plant No. 2 which was presented to facilities with no ocean discharge permit violations for the entire calendar year. The National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) Peak Performance Awards recognizes NACWA member agencies for excellence in permit compliance.
- OCSD’s annual report won the Graphic Design USA 2017 American In-house Design Award- competing with nearly 6,000 entries from all over the country! Only 15 percent of the entries are recognized with a Design of Excellence Award.
- OCSD received the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence through the Special District Leadership Foundation (SDLF). By receiving this certificate OCSD, has proven its dedication to being fully transparent, as well as open and accessible to the public and other stakeholders.
-OCSD was awarded two American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists Honor Awards for exemplifying today’s best practices in using appropriate technologies, and designing, planning and implementing solutions that meet both project and societal needs.
-Biosolids Master Plan. Presented to OCSD in the Planning Category
-Effluent Reuse Study. Presented to OCSD in the Environmental Sustainability Category
- The Government Finance Officers Association of the United State and Canada (GFO) has conferred a Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the current budget to the Orange County Sanitation District. This award is the highest form of recognition in governmental budgeting and represents a significant achievement by your organization. Congratulations to our Finance Group!
- Congratulations to all the SARBS winners. OCSD won 5 awards at the local section (SARBS- Santa Ana River Basin) of the California Water Environment Association Banquet:
- Duane Smith won Operator of the Year
- Jesus Baez won Mechanical Technician of the Year
- William Cassidy won Supervisor of the Year
- Dindo Carrillo won SARBS SPOTLight Award for Waste Discharge Requirements
- OCSD won Safety Plant of the Year
- Roy Reynolds was installed as SARBS President
- William Cassidy was installed as SARBS Past President/Treasurer
- OCSD recently received the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the year ending June 30, 2016. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial reporting. Its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management.
- OCSD’s Annual Reports and Website Win Awards. OCSD was awarded three Communicator Awards (one gold and two silver) in the month of May for the 2015-2016 Annual Report, 2015-2016 CIP Annual Report, and the newly redesigned website. The Communicator Award is the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications.