The Contracts, Purchasing & Materials Management Division’s goal is to provide operational supplies, materials, equipment, and services with the commitment to achieving the highest ethical, economic, and progressive purchasing standards possible. The Contracts, Purchasing & Materials Management Division is responsible for contract administration, procurement, and materials/surplus management.
- Give first consideration to the objective and policies of the Orange County Sanitation District.
- Strive to obtain maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Demand honesty in sales representatives whether offered through verbal, written statement, advertisement, or sample product.
- Refuse to accept any form of commercial bribery, and prevent any appearance of doing so.
- Grant all bidders/proposers equal consideration; regard each transaction on its own merits; foster and promote fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- Conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity, and demand honesty and truth in the purchasing process.
Ensure that all potential bidders/proposers are provided with adequate and identical information upon which to base their submittal.
- Conduct business with potential and current vendors in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy, insofar as the established policies of OCSD and law permit.
- Never allow purchase orders for identical goods or services to be split or variations to the Board approvals to be made in order to circumvent established delegations.