Doing Business with OCSD
Firms desiring to do business with the Orange County Sanitation District (OCSD) must complete the online registration process. To register, click here and then select the “New Vendor Registration: to complete the registration process. (We recommend that you register at least one additional contact person’s email address in the box entitled “Alternate Email” to receive notices in case the main contact is unavailable.)
For technical assistance with the vendor registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to doing business with you.
Business Hours are from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 3:30 pm on Fridays. Call the Purchasing office at (714) 593-7573.
Non-Public Works Procurement Bid Practices
California Government Code Section 54202 requires that every local agency adopt policies and procedures, including bidding regulations, governing purchases of supplies, services and equipment and that purchases of supplies, services and equipment by the local agency be in accordance with adopted policies.
These laws and rules are to assure that business conducted with suppliers is fair, ethical and competitive. The following are methods and types of OCSD’s procurements:
- Requests for Proposals (RFP) – procurement practice of soliciting sealed proposals. Award is based on a variety of factors such as qualifications, work plan, references.
- Notice Inviting Bid (NIB) – procurement practice of soliciting sealed bids. Award is based on the lowest responsive, responsible bidder.
- Request for Quotes (RFQ) – informal quotations for low dollar items or services. Quotes may be requested by phone, fax, mail, e-mail or in person.
- Sole Source – parts or services that may only be obtained from a single source are purchased directly without competitive bids. However, firm prices, delivery, and discounts are requested prior to the order. Sole sources must be justified and verifiable.
All OCSD’s non-public works purchases of materials, services and equipment are made only by authorized purchase orders issued by the Contracts, Purchasing & Materials Management Division. Additions or changes to purchase orders are not permitted without consent of the Contracts, Purchasing & Materials Management Division. No individual outside the Contracts, Purchasing & Materials Management Division can commit OCSD to a procurement.
In all instances where the Contractor or Service Provider personnel enter OCSD’s property to repair, install, service, construct, consult etc., OCSD requires insurance verifying coverage pursuant to OCSD’s insurance requirements. Be prepared to provide proof of insurance coverage with OCSD named as additionally insured.
How to Avoid Bid/Proposal Rejection
- Always submit bids or proposals before the date and time stated in the Bid or RFP documents.
- Late submittals will not be accepted and the supplier has the sole responsibility to ensure that the bid is submitted before the date and time due.
- Read the Bid/RFP documents carefully.
- Attach/upload all required submittals.