State College Sewer Construction Update - July 2, 2020
For more information please contact the Construction Hotline at (657) 208-7900 or via email at ConstructionHotline@ocsd.com
Construction continues on the State College Sewer project in the City of Anaheim. Crews are currently focused on installing the new sewer, connecting the local sewer to the new pipeline, and street restoration in the areas where the sewer has already been installed. See below for more details:
Vermont Avenue to Santa Ana Street
Pipe installation and bypass operation are ongoing. Longer workdays are required to complete the work as quickly as possible and minimize risk to the community.
- Ongoing – fall 2020*
- Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3 a.m. (20-hour workdays)
- Traffic impacts consist of lane reductions and left turn restrictions at Vermont and South Street. Only one travel lane will be allowed for northbound traffic. Be aware that shoring may trigger minor vibration, which are closely monitored. Sound blankets are installed to minimize noise and dust from the site.
- See NOTICE for details. English and Spanish.
Waterline Replacement: La Palma to Lincoln Avenue
A city of Anaheim waterline is being replaced concurrently with the sewer installation project to minimize impact to the community. The work will be done at night to prevent disruption to water service and to impact on the road as the sewer work occurs. Turn restrictions may occur intermittently.
- May 2020 – September 2020*
- Monday – Saturday, 5 p.m. – 3 a.m.
Underhill Avenue to Santa Ana Street
Site preparation for installation of the sewer pipe continues. This includes removing the center median and potholing the area to locate existing utilities.
- Ongoing – fall 2020*
- Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Please note that work in this area will switch to 20-hour workdays in late July)
- Traffic impacts consist of lane reductions. Only one travel lane will be allowed for northbound traffic. Be aware that shoring may trigger minor vibration, which are closely monitored. Sound blankets are installed to minimize noise and dust from the site.
Lincoln Avenue Intersection
Starting on July 6 and for the entire month of July, left turns in all direction will be restricted Monday – Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. U-turns can be made at Underhill Avenue and Santa Ana Street.
SR- 91 to McDonalds intersection (North of La Palma Avenue)
Landscaping and street restoration
- Ongoing – mid July 2020*
- Monday - Saturdays, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* *Dates are subject to change due to operational factors or inclement weather.
The project is replacing four miles of sewer along State College Boulevard from the SR-91 to Orangewood Avenue in the City of Anaheim. Construction began in late summer 2018 and is scheduled to be completed in spring 2021. Once the project is complete, eight million gallons of wastewater will be diverted to OCSD’s Plant No. 1 in Fountain Valley for treatment before being sent to the Groundwater Replenishment System. This is Phase B of a two-phase project; Phase A was completed in 2017 and took place from Yorba Linda Blvd. to SR-91 in the City of Fullerton.
07/02/2020 2:47 PM
06/23/2020 2:40 PM
05/29/2020 9:57 AM
05/15/2020 10:43 AM
The State College Sewer Construction project is moving full speed ahead. See details about all the ongoing work.
05/01/2020 12:00 PM
A new sewer is being installed on State College Blvd. in the City of Anaheim that is requiring 20-hour work days.
04/29/2020 3:30 PM
Construction continues on essential services project.
04/17/2020 3:06 PM